Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Flags of many lands™

When I was a kid, we had a pen pal program in school, and I sent letters to a kid in Malaysia, who sent me letters back. More than 40 years later, all I remember was the blue air mail envelopes made of lighter, thinner paper and the cool looking stamps. I didn't become a stamp collector, but I certainly could have. (I actually collected American coins for a while.)

I bring this up now because this website (and another I run dealing with more mathematical stuff) gets traffic from many lands. This last week, there have been known visitors from Panama (Hi, Padre and Mona!) and unknown visitors from Belgium, Finland and Peru.

It's not quite as cool as blue air-mail envelopes and strange looking stamps, but when I get my new visitors, I'm going to put up the national flag of each visitor from a foreign land just to say howdy. Howdy! (To my loyal readers in the US of A, fret not. I know that you are still well over 90% of the traffic I get. Yay US of A!)

Here's a link to my contributor's page on Pascal's Triangle From Top to Bottom, my mathematical website, also embellished with the Flags of Many Lands.

Once again, Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Bienvenidos and HowdyInFinnish.

No comments: