Monday, May 14, 2007

Okay, let's set some rules for the first date...

Thanks a lot for the trinket, but getcher goddammed paw off my butt, sailor boy.

Welcome the second installment of It's Official™, photos taken from the official White House website. The woman's name is Angela An. She is receiving a medal for volunteer service.

At this ceremony, Bush gave a little speech, and the White House website has this excerpt.

"Each of you is part of a legacy of service that harkens back to our country's earliest days. When Martha Washington -- the husband [sic] of the first George W. -- (laughter) -- organized sick wards for wounded soldiers and made visits to battlefields to boost the morale of the troops, she volunteered for a cause bigger than herself."

Yes, the White House doesn't even pretend anymore. It just prints verbatim his mangling of the speeches written for him and puts in the [sic] to remind anyone unclear on the concept that they know he's a fuck-up, even if he doesn't realize it at the moment.

This ceremony was last week. I went back to take a look and this picture had been removed. I can't imagine why.

4 comments:

Jess Wundrun said...

I believe the first hand is on honorees ass.

Like father like son. She does slightly resemble Teri Hatcher.

Matty Boy said...

And she was thoughtful enough not to wear a bra, so I think he may have seen this as an invitation.

Fran said...

This is rich Matty Boy.

How nice to have finally found my way to your blog.

Despite my recent nuptials and your orientation (I do so love the homeosexual agenda ) you must know you had me at tele-tubbie....

Matty Boy said...

Hi, Fran. Nice to see other PSP regulars here. I can't promise the whizbang action and great selections the Princess gives us on a regular basis, but with an elite corps of commenters, I think we can get this crate off the ground.

Yay!!!

AGAIN!