Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Three links: Two funny, another not so funny

The first link is to The Daily Show. Last week they made fun of how Memorial Day gas prices are always covered by the media, with Rob Riggle letting us know with cheerful bad puns that a Mad Max style dystopia was just around the corner now that we have $3 a gallon gas. I would expect most folk in Los Estados Unidos who read Lotsa 'Splainin' already watch The Daily Show, but Matty Boy says check it out anyway.

The next story in USA Today from yesterday follows the ridiculous premise of the government using the same accounting procedures that businesses have to use. Not so funny punchline: We're broke. Really bad broke. The picture shows a moth flying out of our hapless pal's pants pocket, but we're so broke, the moth would have starved by now. Last year, Fedral Gummint, Inc. would have posted more than a trillion dollar loss, and every American household now has a half million dollar share of the national deficit.

As you might guess, this is the not funny center of the sandwich.

Then there is the newest Blog Buddy, Monkey Muck, run by Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein, who asks many times for you not to look at his monkey, though he shows his monkey a lot. The good Doctor is also a commenter over at Princess Sparkle Pony, and was kind enough to link to the Gigantic Child Brides post I put up on Monday as part of his Lighten Up Tuesday post. He has an unattributed Elvis Costello quote as his subtitle, which scores many points on the Matty Boy scale. I also liked the kind words he had to say about stand up guy Willie Horton, the one who played for the Detroit Tigers back in the day, which he includes as a balance to the nasty things he has to say about Michael Vick, a current day non-stand up athlete guy.

Matty Boy says check them out.

3 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You are too kind sir. Your praise of my blog has swollen my head, oh wait that that what made my head swell, damn the little woman must have slipped something into my cereal. I always use unattributed song lyrics and most of them are from Elvis Costello songs, he saved my life in the 1970's, metaphorically speaking of course. Rock on and thanks again for the kind words.

Matty Boy said...

I am also an acolyte of The One True Living Elvis, as my former bandmate Padre Mickey can verify.

Karla said...

Well wait jut a dag blamed minute here.

How can I NOT look at the monkey? He's looking at me! He calls to me! I am not the master of my eyes in the presence of the monkey.