Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Double Dose of The Decider!



We think of Washington as a place of paralysis, but bills still do get through Congress and the President then signs some of them into law. (I know; I saw it on Schoolhouse Rock.) This one pictured, signed on Monday, is called the Native American Ownership Opportunity Act of 2007.

I don't want to tip my hand, but I've been thinking about owning a Native American. Nothing flashy, not a full-blooded Cherokee or anything, maybe a Chippewa or a private label Pottawatamee.

I bet there's gonna be a ton of federal paperwork.

And I'm also dipping into the George W. Bushisms one a day calendar for this gem from July 22, 2001.

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe, and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right."

No need to parse this. We all recognize this as a standard statement in the international language of UnreadBookReportese.

What makes it comedy gold: the word articulate.

Thanks, Mr. President. I couldn't have made this post without you.

5 comments:

FranIAm said...

Oh my dear Matty. Please think twice about that private lavel Pottawatamee... I had a friend who had come into less than legal ownership of said Pottawamee.

Nothing but trouble.

Add in the mountains of pesky paperwork and I think you will live to regret this decision.

However you know me- I am just sayin'.

I love that photo! Decider-boy has that great "WTF am I doin'" grin on his face.

That articulate little rascal that he is!!

Anonymous said...

He is doing what his contributors put him in office to do - gum up the works - let nothing of any substance pass which may effect the profits of oil coal, or drugs. Enron killed themselves, he couldn't help the largest contributor to his 2000 appointment by the Supreme Court.

Jess Wundrun said...

The act is entitled "ownership opportunity".

In this administration "opportunity" is simple code for "something you can do if you have a gazillion dollars".

This means only the super rich can own an indian.

Matty Boy said...

Thanks for 'splainin' that 2 me, Jess.

BTW, love the new logo.

Jess Wundrun said...

Thanks. Dr. Zaius made it for me.