Monday, July 9, 2007

Go. See. Put On Pants. (Not in that order.)



So my friends and I went to see another movie this weekend, Ratatouille from Pixar Studios. I have liked every Pixar movie so far, some more than others. This one is very high on the list. The star of the movie is pictured above, a rat named Remy who wants to be a chef. Like many talking animal movies, animals can talk to each other but not to humans. Remy, clever rat that he is, can understand humans but not make himself understood by humans, except by gestures and nods. There are some great roller coaster action scenes, some terrific sight gags, several great lines of dialog, terrific voice work by an excellent cast (featuring Patton Oswalt, Ian Holm, Brian Dennehy, Janeane Garafalo, Brad Garrett, Peter O'Toole and voice actor/animator Lou Romano) and a happy ending.

Go. Put on pants. See. (Still might have a problem with the order.)

And like every Pixar feature, there is also a Pixar short at the beginning. This one is called Lifted, and it involves alien abduction. It also is at or near the top of my list of Pixar shorts. Really, really funny.

What makes it funny? Do I have to 'splain everything? Why are incompetent minions of evil funny? Why is slapstick funny? Why is butt crack funny?

I DON'T KNOW. THEY JUST ARE!!!

And so is Lifted.

See. Put on pants. Go.

3 comments:

FranIAm said...

You said it. But I must say that I put on a skirt and then went to see it. In that order!

This was really great. I have an 11 year old step-daughter, so I see more kid oriented movies than I might want to. Whenver it is a Pixar, my interest is higher.

This was really wonderful and I found Remy, right down to every facial expression, very evocative and filled with feeling. I also loved Linguini!

So it was all good good good - you hit all the high spots. (despite the fact that i keep rambling on!)

You also mention the great Lifted! We all loved it too!

Padre Mickey said...

I'm sorry I gotsta 'splain this, but it's: Pants. Go. See.
This order keeps one out of jail.

Matty Boy said...

So, THAT was what the nice policeman was talking about. I'll take your word for it, though it seems arbitrary to me.