Friday, July 13, 2007

Multitasking Friday II: This time, it's personal

This is the logo of Jess Wundrun, commenter both on my humble blog and at the place where all the cool kids meet, Princess Sparkle Pony's Photo Blog. Jess has decided to start her own blog called I Was Just Wondering, and having read her work in the past, I gladly give it the Lotsa 'Splainin' Seal Of Approval.

These are the dogs of Jess Wundrun. I mean, really. I was gonna give Jess a plug anyway, but with these little guys? I can't not love these dogs.

And since it's Friday, I give you the Random 10 from my iPod. This week's list is a great mix of rock and roll and not rock and roll, and the closing act here is the same as the closing act at Woodstock.

Baubles Bangles & Beads Nina Simone
Spinning Away Brian Eno & John Cale
Love Train The O’Jays
Inoculated City The Clash
If It Isn’t Love Fats Waller
Hello, Mabel Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
Who Will It Be Tomorrow? William Bell
Judy Hoagy Carmichael
Heathen Town Elvis Costello & The Attractions
If 6 Was 9 The Jimi Hendrix Experience

There's a lot of songs I love on this list, but If 6 Was 9 is the gotta-be-the-final-song killer on this list. It's so simple, but it simply kills. The lyrics don't exactly agree with the liberal blogosphere ideal of changing the world by changing people's minds, but I'm pretty sure even Gandhi woke up some mornings and thought:

If the mountains
Fell in the sea
Let it be...
It ain't me.
Got my own world to live through, and I ain't gonna copy you.

And on that note, I put a link to another screed of mine on the Smirking Chimp, hoping against hope that Nancy Pelosi will realize her little gavel may be the last defense against the complete lawlessness George W. Bush and his pals are currently inflicting on this great nation.

4 comments:

Jess Wundrun said...

Fez and Angus say 'thanks, man'.

Also, they immediately wanted to check out this "Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band", you can imagine why, so we went to i-tunes where the only cut was one called 'You Done My Brain In'.

Fez and Angus dug it.

PS> did you like your car?

Matty Boy said...

That's one bigASS car.

I actually went to iTunes today to get a version of a song called Be Thankful For What You've Got. It includes these great lyrics.

Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Gangster white walls, TV antenna in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember, brothers and sisters, you can still stand tall.


The last two lines are a better description of my current situation than the first two lines.

sfmike said...

Too bad you can't just have a link to the Top 10 Songs where we could actually listen to them, and then buy them if we wanted to from the musicians/executives-in-charge, but NOOOO! The Powers That Be Must Stay In Control!

And as far as Nancy Pelosi, she's a gangster, so is her late Baltimore mayor father, so is her current family, and the only way she came to her current position was being the absolute darling of AIPAC where she gave a stirring speech two years ago about why we needed to bomb Iran. So I'd give up on that "little gavel," if I were you.

Matty Boy said...

Well, sfmike, maybe she doesn't get to stay speaker. It's happened before that the part in power in a chamber of the congress has decided the speaker wasn't their best leader.

As for snippets of the songs, I'll work on it.