Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Prettying things up a little.

Okay. Prettying up things a lot! After the pig man ambassador and Cheney on back to back days, I thought my loyal readers deserved something nicer.

This is a picture of Padma Lakshmi, the Anglo-Indian model/actress/cookbook author/TV hostess. In 2004, she married Salman Rushdie, but those crazy kids just couldn't make it work out, and they have filed for divorce. This means Ms. Lakshmi is once more a free agent.

So she goes for older guys who are writers. Hmm...

You know, Padma, I'm a little older than you. And I'm a writer.

Maybe she goes for famous writers. Award winning writers. Writers who can fairly be called the voice of their generation. Writers of big sprawling novels, filled with well-delineated characters, intricate plotlines, a wonderful sense of period and place, brilliant wordplay. Novels that are some of the best novels in English in the past thirty years or so.

Umm... err... well...

Padma, did I mention I'm good at maths, too?

(Notice I used the British maths instead of the American math. It's this close attention to detail that always gets the honeys. My advice on the subject is free, as always. And worth every penny.)

I'd also like to take this opportunity to welcome two new blog Buddies, Blue Gal In A Red State and Cat In The Bag, to the Lotsa 'Splainin' pantheon of pals.

3 comments:

Jess Wundrun said...

What a shame that Padme Whipme Makemewritebadchecks (spouse's name for her) has been the host of Top Chef Los Angeles and Top Chef Miami.

All you San Franciscans got was Mrs. Billy Joel. Feh.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Mmmmm, Padma. I'll forgive her horrid hosting of that cooking show and I'll give her a pass for appearing 'Mistress of Spices,' but she's gonna have to make it up to me. And damn soon too.

Fran said...

Maths! You so cute Matty! If I were Padma I'd be all over you.