Friday, July 27, 2007

They caved! We win! (You can thank me later.)


Yes, it's true! Only days after I blew the lid off of years of inattention to the weak U.S. dollar, today the greenback had its strongest showing in many a moon. The pound shrunk by two full pennies, as did the Euro and the Canadian dollar. Fear of further ridicule has brought our government to its senses!

Of course, I do it all for you my loyal readers, the little people out there without the voice to speak for yourselves. Granted, most of my regular readers are also bloggers, many with readerships that far outstrip mine, but no matter! It was my blog that made it clear to the powers that be that decent Americans will not stand for a weak dollar when we are so clearly Number One In The World! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A !!!

Of course, the world stock markets also took a serious tumble and crude oil climbed to $77.00 a barrel, but you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.

(Note: I haven't tried this level of self-congratulation before, but given how well it works for Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert, I thought I'd give it a whirl!)

1 comment:

FranIAm said...

Can you hear me laughing all the way from here in NY?

At least I can sleep well tonight knowing that you are more Colbert self-congratulation as opposed to O'Reilly self-congratulation!