Sunday, July 1, 2007

Yet another movie plug!

Those of you who read both this blog and Monkey Muck may know that Dr. Monkerstein has already asked his readers to see the new Michael Moore film. You might think, Matty Boy! Do you always have to copy the monkey? If he jumped out of a tree, would you have to jump, too?

I prefer to think of this as two great minds from two great species thinking alike rather than actual plagiarism. I'd like to point out I said some nice things about Stiff Records before the Good Doctor devoted an entire post to the great UK label. We borrow shamelessly from one another. Neither of us has called an attorney yet, at least to the best of my knowledge.

I give this recommendation after going out to see the film this afternoon. I was thinking about making this my Monday morning post when I read this link in The Huffington Post to a story at the Tech Crunch website that Google is trashing the film in order to stay tight with the health care providers that advertise with them. Google, of course, gives me this website for free, so let me use it to tell their corporate side to go screw themselves. If you are a Google blogger, let me recommend saying something nice about SiCKO on your blog as well.

What I really wanted to do is get a still from the picture of this baby in France with absolutely amazing hair, who looks like Baby Leon Trotsky. I was going to use the Separated At Birth label and the Babies label and it would have been a KILLER visual joke. I know Michael Moore (or someone at his company) checks out blogs that mention his name, so if anybody from Dog Eat Dog Films is reading this, hook a brother up and I'll give you more good word of mouth. I promise.

2 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

My crack legal staff will be on you shortly. Good day sir.


I said GOOD DAY!

Yeah, let's go with the "great" minds think alike thingy. You're all math genius on everybody and I'm just a lowly monkey.

FranIAm said...

... and I am merely the blogette with a heart of gold, that loved them both.