Thursday, August 16, 2007

Holy Shucking Fit! Vol. 1

Not for the weak of heart, but if you want to see what today has been like for stocks and commodities, you can follow this link. I've been watching gold, silver and oil for about a year, and this day is the biggest drop I've seen. Also, at the bottom of the page you can see that stocks worldwide are taking a dive. For those of you with red-green colorblindness, pretty much all those numbers are red.

The only thing going up is the dollar against other currencies. I made a little post about the dollar being weak a few weeks back, then crowed in triumph when it made a small surge after my merciless mocking. If the dollar getting stronger means all the rest of this crap, too, I think I'd rather live with a moderately weak dollar, if it's all the same to you.

It's a good day to have your money in lumpy mattresses.

5 comments:

dguzman said...

Man, that's one scary lady. She's Exhibit A for the reason the PMS defense has worked in murder trials.

Matty Boy said...

It's actually an animating GIF if opened with the right application. She vibrates like a hummingbird. Even scarier!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

When the collapse comes I'll be laughing at all the people who lose their money in stocks and comodities.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I love your choice for adopt an actor. He's a great character actor and I loved him in Angels in America.

Distributorcap said...

if we can weather ubush for 6 years....we can

oops ..... we cant weather bush

do you have a hole i can crawl into