Monday, August 27, 2007

Who'da thunk it?

So I post my blog entry for today, thinking to myself "I don't have to check the news. I watched Olbermann on NBC last night. (That's gonna stick in O'Reilly's craw, I bet.) Nothing earth shattering Between 11 p.m. Sunday and 6 a.m. Monday."

Oopsie!

Also, YAY!

You might have heard George W. Bush's press conference last week from Texas when he was asked if he had confidence in Li'l Alberto, and he answered "Why shouldn't I? The Congress says he's done nothing wrong." (Emphasis mimics Bush's delivery.) I thought, well, impeachment is the only way to dislodge this obstruction from the Justice Department. Everyone knows that regardless what else you might say about him, Bush is loyal, even loyal to a fault.

Another myth busted.

Hello, Democrats in Congress! Here's a plan! Do you have pen and paper? Okay! Whoever Bush puts up as attorney general, here are the rules. He (or she) doesn't even get a hearing until ALL the papers you have subpoenaed are produced. No ticket, no hearing, no exceptions.

Still, there's today. Yay for today!

2 comments:

FranIAm said...

This is not exactly the best use of my original thought skills, but Shaun said it more eloquently than I at Kiko's House.

My fears expressed.

Michael Chertoff is said to be the leading choice as a successor. What better way to honor his service as the sycophantic Homeland Security czar on the second anniversary of Hurricane Katrina? And if Chertoff is the prez's pick, doesn't it just speak volumes that there seem to be so few people who qualify as Cabinet-level department heads under the president's special standards that he seems to keep picking the same people from the same small pool?

Jess Wundrun said...

I'm starting to think that the Chertoff rumor is out there so that whoever really gets the nomination seems like a relief.

AG Attila the Hun? Yeah, thumbs up, I guess.

BTW - in looking at outdated bios on Abu Gonzo today I noticed that many times he was referenced as a possible Supreme Court nominee. Oh how they fall.