Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Dawning Of A New Era


(Apologies to The Specials for stealing their song title.)

OMG!!!! Have you tried the Red Mole from Trader Joe's yet?

My mind is racing over all the dishes I will be adding this wonderful condiment to in the future.

Doesn't mole belong on chicken? This is clearly 20th Century thinking, no longer applicable in today's new world. I just had it on pork tenderloin with corn, and it was a revelation.

Would it work with red beans and rice? Signs point to yes.

Can it be used as a dip with tortilla chips? You damn betcha.

Will I put Red Mole on top of Raisin Bran? I am not ruling it out at present. As George W. Bush might say, all options are on the table. With the mole.

Matty Boy says check it out.

4 comments:

FranIAm said...

What am I going to do when I complete the move to the farthest reaches of Smal-bania (Albany NY) in November?

No.
Trader.
Joe's.

Matty Boy said...

Obviously, a general strike is the only option the long suffering people of Albany have at present.

dguzman said...

Wow, you just reminded me of my mom's chicken and mole, my favorite dish until I went veggie. Wow.

Glad you're expanding your mole usage! !Si se puede! (sorry, couldn't do the accents or upside down exclamation point, but you get the south-o'-the-border picture)

Distributorcap said...

sounds like something my cat would bring home
'
yuck