Monday, September 10, 2007

Does no one want me to be happy?


Indira Varma had a featured role on HBO's Rome. The writers decided to kill her character off at the end of the first season.

Ms. Varma also had a featured role in the first episode of Torchwood, a new show that will be running on BBC America. The writers killed her off at the end of the first episode.

I want people to understand how much I will bend my principles to watch Ms. Varma. I once had some small vestige of pride. I used to say "Yes, I'm a nerd, but I never watched Doctor Who." Torchwood was a spin-off of the new Doctor Who, and I was willing to watch if she was going be a regular. Well, I have my principles back, for all the good they do me.

Here's an idea. How about a Bollywood version of Dallas or Dynasty, a soap opera about the newly rich and powerful in India? Maybe they could call it Call Center or Search Engine.

Should Ms. Varma be the Linda Evans we root for (sort of), or the straight up Joan Collins bee-OTCH? I don't much care one way or the other. Surprise me. Just let her have a few close ups where those lovely eyes smolder and put her in some pretty costumes that show off her (dare I say it?) neck and collarbone, and Matty can be a happy Boy.

Is this really too much to ask for?

1 comment:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I'd be happy if they cloned her so one of us would actually have a chance to date her.