Saturday, September 15, 2007

One of these things is not like the others.

Vice President Dick Cheney addresses Central Command, Special Operations Command and the Sixth Air Mobility Wing Friday, Sept. 14, 2007, at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla. "We have shown a watching world that we are a good and just nation: secure in our ideals, fearless in their defense, and willing to sacrifice greatly for the cause of long-term peace," said the Vice President. "We will press on in our mission, and turn events toward victory."

White House photo by David Bohrer

Here is the translation from the satanic.

"I'm never wrong. Even when the facts say one thing and I say another, I'm never wrong. While God is the author of truth, I worship someone else, and my master has given me more power than pious little pinheads like you can imagine. I cannot be contradicted. If some of you have to be killed so that I never see justice, that's fine by me.

"You volunteered to be in the situation you face right now. The first rule of the Army is "never volunteer", but you saps never heard that, did you? I knew that, and I never was in the Army. When I was your age, I did everything I could so that I wouldn't find myself in harm's way so that some lying bastard in Washington could save face.

"Pray to your God that you don't get sent again into the fire, for all the good it will do you. I serve someone else, and I have a lot more say about whether you live or die than some mere deity.

"I would like to thank your superior officers for training you so well. If I were you and I met an evil old bastard like me, I'd spit in his face. Of course, I'm not you, and I'd never get myself into such a shit position. Thanks also for being my backdrop today. It's a great help towards making sure that you and your comrades keep dropping like flies for the next sixteen months so that I never have to face justice.

"I will end the speech by asking God to bless you and this country, but let me be clear one more time. I serve someone else, and some of you poor bastards are doomed."

5 comments:

Zoey & Me said...

Great Post Matty Boy, I had to read it twice. . . WOW. To the point. Thanks!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Brilliant sir, just brilliant.

FranIAm said...

Sheesh- someone is on fire today.
Go Matty go.

I echo zoey and dr. mvm.

Distributorcap said...

"i had better things to do in the 60s than be in the military"

--- Richard Bruce "five deferments" Cheney

dguzman said...

Wow. Just wow. You totally get HIM. Kinda scary, no?