Friday, October 26, 2007

And your bird can... dance?

Yay, Flags of many lands™! Yay, Bosnia and Herzegovina! The list of flags is now at 80!

(Warning: If it Herzegovina for more than three days in a row, consult your physician.)

I prefer dogs and cats as pets to other animals. My sister Jennifer has had pet birds. She even wrote a book about training parrots. Still, an animal that shows affection by administering a painful bite... not for me.

I don't like The Backstreet Boys at all.

But put a dancing cockatoo and the Backstreet Boys together, and you have Internet Magic!

Enjoy!



Thanks to my brother Michael for sending this to me via e-mail.

And since it's Friday, let's get to some music I do like, the weekly Random 10.

36” High Nick Lowe
That Day Is Done Paul McCartney
My Prayer The Platters
Tighten Up Archie Bell & The Drells
Good Day Sunshine The Beatles
Waiting In Vain Bob Marley & The Wailers
Burning Down The House Talking Heads
Youkali Tango Teresa Stratas
Withered And Died Elvis Costello
Innocent When You Dream Tom Waits

Nothing particularly obscure on this list. Pretty much all rock, soul and reggae, except for an appearance by Teresa Stratas singing a Kurt Weill song. The Beatles make two appearances on the list, since the Cute Beatle has a solo tune, and The One True Living Elvis makes two appearances, since he wrote the song The Cute Beatle is singing.

Unusual coincidence: Nick Lowe and Elvis Costello are both great songwriters and usually record their own material, but 36" High was written by Jim Ford and Withered and Died was written by Richard Thompson.

My 'splainin' here is done.

4 comments:

FranIAm said...

80 Flags. I stand in awe of you.

I think I have Bosnia or Croatia but not both. I ain't got nuthin'. OK, that is not true, I do have a Burkina Faso.

Do you have a Burkina Faso? And I got a Gambia the other day.

Matty Boy said...

No, I am light on the African continent. Egypt, Senegal, Tanzania and South Africa is the extent of my African visitors.

I have another for tomorrow and forgot to add Sri Lanka to my spreadsheet when I put the flag on my blog, so the actual count is now 82.

Yay!

FranIAm said...

Damn you and your flags! Damn you!

I haven't counted, but it ain't 82, I can tell you that. So a few African standouts are simply conversation pieces for me.

However, thanks to your post about riding the bus, and Padre's about the driver's license nightmare, there is now an "official transportation provider" at FIA.

Just look here.

Deep sigh. Without giant child brides I can't expect to lure your readers just by using the comment box so shamefully...

Must.
Think.
Harder.

Matty Boy said...

Don't fret, Fran. You tend to get more people visiting your comment box than I do, and that "How much is your blog worth?" thingy likes FranIAm a lot more than it likes Lotsa 'Splainin' 2 Do.

I guess while I get a lot more foot traffic than you do, software must see my readers as browsers and your readers as shoppers.

Go figure.