Monday, October 29, 2007

Google likes me....

but only as a friend.

I did some Google searches where my humble blog is on the front page, but not necessarily the number 1 choice to find information. Here are a few examples, of course provided with 'splainin', one of the specialties here at Lotsa 'Splainin'.


#6 melissa theuriau lazy blogging
There are many websites you can use to find pictures of La Belle Melissa. Many, as in fish in the sea many. If you ask for her and lazy blogging, my place is sixth on the list.

Matty Boy, you scamp! Some of my faithful readers will think. This is an elaborate ruse just to publish another picture of the lovely French newsreader!

In my defense, I'd like to say, the ruse is not that elaborate. And secondly, is someone actually complaining about a picture of Melissa? I hope not.


#5 Splainin
While the word is right there in the title of the blog, it was lifted from I Love Lucy, where Ricky would often exclaim "Loo-cee! You got some 'splainin' to do!" So the first few websites dealing with 'splainin' deal with the original source of the word.

It's still the 300th anniversary of the birth of My Favorite Lenny, Leonard Euler. So there's some 'splainin' of the picture I chose.
Dumbass Design #4
I made Dumbass Design an early fixture on the blog, but I haven't been back to it recently. I'll see if I can rectify this in November.

This is an ant skeleton filled with cordyceps fungi, just in case you never saw the picture or just blocked it mercifully out of your memory.


#3 They Wouldn't Believe Me
Another early mainstay of the blog, when I would make a list of stuff that would surprise the heck out of folks some 40 years ago. It's been a while since I made one of these lists, mainly because they are tough to make. Again, I'll see what I can do in November.


#2 boyband gaysex
Somebody from Germany recently found this blog typing in the two words above. This is the actual original impetus for this post. The boy band above is The Singing Senators and the guy in the big gay sweater on the right is none other than Larry "Wide Stance" Craig. I'm sure that in his subculture, being able to see his watch has some secret meaning, but I don't want to know what it is.


#1 indira varma collarbone
#1 creepy ass blue tooth
It is the yin and yang of the Internets that I am the number one purveyor of something I love, Ms. Varma's wonderful neck structure, and something I hate, the blight on humanity that is the earclip telephone. I put pictures of these things together, but only because I sense trepidation in Ms. Varma lovely visage, though not outright disgust. She's too good an actress for that.



----------------
Now playing: Pete Wingfield - 18 With A Bullet
via FoxyTunes


4 comments:

dguzman said...

Keep those elaborate ruses (and pics of Melissa Theuriau) coming, Matty Boy. Good work!

Gasp--my word verif is cldvmp--"cold vamp"??? Oh dear.

Matty Boy said...

dg, you don't have to tell me twice. As much as I love Indira Varma (for those of you keeping score, the answer is a lot), it is so much easier to find nice pictures of La Belle Melissa on the Internets, I'd be a fool not to put up a glamor shot of her every once in a while.

For those of you keeping score, my mama didn't raise no fools.

FranIAm said...

She is purty that Melissa and Indira too. But I leave them both to you, dguzman and others!

I remember dumbass design- I liked that. More please!

You have really evolved this site tremendously Matty.

Most excellent child-briding!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Mmmmm, more Indira please.