Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How important is presentation?

We might not like to think about it all the time, but presentation is very important.

Consider that the otter is a member of the Mustelidae family, which includes weasels.

If otters were known as water weasels, would we like weasels more or love otters less?

Oh, Matty Boy! Stop the making funs of the little otterzes! Dey so CUUUUUUUUTE!

Okay, fictionalized reader. I will let you enjoy your lolz in peace. I won't even bring up that the adorable critter now scurrying around the lawns and trees most of the Americas storing up nuts for the winter could be called a bushy tailed rat instead of the more common name, squirrel.

(Picture blatantly borrowed from I Can Has Cheezburger. This is not plagiarism as much as it is a public service, in that here at Lotsa 'Splainin', we promise not to have ads for the latest Ann Coulter book.)

Yay, Europe! For the first time, the European Union flag showed up representing a reader. The more precise location was "United Kingdom" according to the text in the viewer summary, but here at Lotsa 'Splainin', we go with the flags of many lands™, not the names in the text description of many lands (not trademarked).

You have my permission to hum Beethoven's Ode to Joy for the rest of the day, instead of C.P.E. Bach's God Save the (Gender Specific Noun for Monarch).

2 comments:

dguzman said...

Kat and I have this running argument re presentation and food; to me, the food is going to taste the same whether it's all garnished and prettied up or not. To her, "presentation is everything!" and she likes to plate stuff like she's a chef. I figure "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet," I guess. (my own blatant borrowing from The Bard there)

Matty Boy said...

I'm not that big on presentation, either, dg, especially when it comes to food. But I do appreciate it when someone goes to the fuss.