This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Myriad Milestone


Yes, my furry little friend, you certainly do.

While I was taught that self-praise is no praise at all, I can state as a matter of fact that my blog has now had over 10,000 visitors.

Did you know that the word myriad meant 10,000 in ancient Greek? Of course, you didn't; you're a cat. I'm sure some of my clever visitors were aware of the etymology of the word.










Visitor # 10,000 was from Woburn, Massachusetts. I don't recognize the town name, so the visitor was probably not a regular.

(Note to Google mapmakers: Iceland isn't covered in ice, despite the name, and sadly, Greenland isn't either, anymore. The more's the pity.)














Moreover, The Google won't tell me how Visitor 10,000 stumbled onto my humble blog, but he (or she) was probably searching for pictures of tall and toothsome Elizabeth Kucinich or blonde and busty Jeri Thompson, given the page that was visited.

It took more than six months to get to 10,000, but the way things are going right now, I might get to 20,000 by the end of the year.

Yay, blogging!

----------------
Now playing: A Cruel Hoax - Around the World
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

FranIAm said...

STFU! 10,000? Whoa baby. I stand in awe of you.

I am wondering if a giant child groom counterbalance is in order?

Matty Boy said...

A young, big guy squiring an older woman around? Okay, there's Ashton and Demi, and after that...

[crickets chirping]

I'm stumped.

FranIAm said...

I am not sure of the age difference, but Eva Longoria's husband towers over her.

However, I only hear crickets too!