This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Welcome to visitors from Barbados!
Yet another addition to the Flags of many lands™!

I always mention any new visitor from some previously unseen exotic locale, but the pie chart to the left, which I call The Puking Pacman, shows the true nature of the visitor pattern here at Lotsa 'Splainin'. The substantial majority of my readers are from the good old U.S.A., and to all of them I wish a happy Thanksgiving spent with friends and family.

Special thanks to my comment gang, including dguzman, Karla, Padre Mickey, FranIAm, I Splotchy, Commander Other, Dr. Monkerstien, DistributorCap, Zoey & Me, cdp, Hyfler/Rosner, sfmike and jolie. Heck, it's Thanksgiving! I'll even wish the best to no_slappz and jeff gannon.

While I'm counting my blessings, I'd also like to mention some of the things I have discovered only since I started writing this daily foolishness back on April Fools Day.

I have only been visiting I Can Has Cheezburger? for a little while, but now it's a daily routine. The pussycat pictures I purloin from there has made this blog one of the top ten Google choices for lolz cats on the whole friggin' internet. Go figure.

While I don't visit daily, the website Superdickery is also a great place for a little comic pick me up. It not only shows many informative examples of Superman being an incredible dick, it also does a great service in debunking the persistent rumor that Batman and Robin are gay.

No, wait... that's not right. What's the opposite of debunk? Oh, yeah. They do the great service of adding to the scurrilous rumor that Batman and Robin are gay.

Happy Turkey Day to all my gringo buddies. May all your football teams be victorious and all your relatives non-annoying.*

*Yes, I know I'm asking for the impossible.


----------------
Now playing: Portrait - Be Thankful for What You've Got
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

And happy Turkey day to you my left coast blog bud.

FranIAm said...

Matty- thanks for the great post. I, for one, am most thankful for you and this blog.

You were part of my early inspiration and I will never forget that.

And you are a good person to be thanking all the commenters, and I do mean all.

I am most honored to be among them.

Peace brother!

Matty Boy said...

Yes, Turkey Day was very nice. Especially because it was Turkey and Ribs Day. My nephew makes fi-i-i-i-i-ne ribs.

Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves.

jolie said...

matty boy, you're a true peach! and happy turkey day back atcha. we had a grand day with one that tipped the scales at 20 lbs, and it roasted up real nice.

I too luvs me some LOLzcats, and put up a new one each day as my wallpaper. thanks to you, I now get them each morning in my inbox, just like morningstar. yay internets!

best to you and yours, and remember, it's not long now 'til regime change.

cheers!

dguzman said...

A little late, but my best to you and yours, Matty Boy--I luvs ya.