This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Friday, November 16, 2007

One of my all time favorite flags, now in the Matty Boy database

Someone from Saint Lucia visited today, so I get to add this beautifully geometric flag to my list of Flags Of Many Lands™! Also, this means I have my second "Saint" country, so St. Vincent won't be all lonely anymore.

Years ago when I was still in the video game biz, I was working on a decathlon game, and we were going to make it possible to choose what colors your athlete could wear, and I lobbied hard for the addition of Saint Lucia, just because making a uniform out of this flag pattern would be so cool. I argued that Star Trek fans would chose it because it looks like the Federation insignia. Sadly, I was voted down.

Nobody listens to Matty Boy! (sniff.)

4 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

My fave flag is the flag of Paraguay, it's one of the few with a different design on both sides.

Distributorcap said...

have you had a visitor from Andorra or Nauru???

then you gain my respect
(hehehehehe)

Splotchy said...

Speaking of video games, it reminds me of the Asteroids ship.

It is indeed a beautiful flag!

FranIAm said...

Oh listen to Dcap...

That is a great flag though.