This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Giving this whole GITTIN' PAID concept a shot.

After the urging nearly dozens of people, (ten people is nearly a dozen, right?) your humble servant here at Lotsa 'Splainin' 2 Do, in cooperation with our foreign money mogul friends at Padre Mickey's Dance Party, present the kickoff of Shameless Commerce™! Yes, merchandise will be plugged here, and if it sounds interesting to you, you must send money to me, and I will give you said merchandise!

Yes, I found it an odd idea as well. But from what I hear, all the cool kids are doing it already!

The first available item: The Wonders of Science CD! You get fifteen original songs written by Matty Boy and/or Padre Mickey, and an extended live jam on Louie Louie (with verses of La Bamba and Twist and Shout thrown in for good measure) from the KFJC Louie Louie marathon. The original author of the song, Richard Berry, and the lead singer for the Kingsmen, Jack Ely, also were at this shindig, and they opened for us! (Facts true; timing coincidental.)

Did I mention guest vocals by the original Dresbabies, Tara and Anne? No, I did not.

Guest vocals by the original Dresbabies, Tara and Anne!



But wait, there's more! You can get the terrific bumper sticker you see above at a completely additional cost! Amuse passersby with your cleverness and savoir faire when they see your sardonic take on the misery that awaits us all!

(Technically, it's Matty Boy's take, but when you buy it and display it, it's your take, too. After all, you paid for it, didn't you?)


But, Matty Boy, you might say! How can I get in on these fabulous opportunities? All you have to do is send an e-mail to the address shown above, and the arrangements can be made for cash to be sent in one direction and stuff in the equal and opposite direction.

It's shameless! It's commerce! And put together, it's shameless commerce™!

How can you refuse?

What could be more surprising that the Big 'Splainer going commercial?
How about Algeria showing up as Flag #100 on the Flags of Many Lands™ list!

Well, I was surprised I can tell you, but there are fans of the big girls all around the world!

4 comments:

Karla said...

Hey, if the Cheezburger catz can make enough monies to open their own Wimpy's in Dubai, then I say Matty Boy should be able to sell the frutz of his laborses!

Huzzah to commerce! And to monies!

dguzman said...

Sweet!

FranIAm said...

Commerce is good!

Well it is good when you, Mattyboy are the beneficiary of it!!

I am slow to mail my check, but with all my zany and madcap Cali travels, I am behind.

Matty Boy said...

Not to worry, FranYouIs. The CDs are guaranteed to stay as fresh as 23 year old music can stay.