This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Horrible puns I truly love

I put this first horrible pun up on the comments page of I, Splotchy's blog, but it's too good (or too awful, take your pick) not to share with all my readers as well.


Egrets? I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention.

Had enough? Oh no, my friend, not enough by half.


It's now been ten years since both Sonny Bono and Michael Kennedy died in skiing accidents only a few weeks apart. I was a regular on alt.obituaries back then, but it was another regular who penned this deathless quip.

"This is bad news, because I've heard these kinds of deaths usually happen in groups of trees."

Okay, I'll let you up now. I think you've had enough.


----------------
Now playing: Kirsty MacColl - La Forêt De Mimosas
via FoxyTunes



7 comments:

Distributorcap said...

matty
if you take your laptop for a run this morning, maybe it will jog your memory a bit.......

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Zing!

FranIAm said...

Oh Matty Matty Matty... I saw that at Splotchy's and thought "that Matty, he does not comment too often, but when he does..."

But that Bono/Kennedy thing. Yeech! And Kirsty MacColl, God rest her soul. I believe that was boat related. Ah - she sang on Fairytale of New York with the Pogues too, again, if my 50 year old addled brain is not too addled.

Happy New Year to someone who - for good or ill, figures prominently into my blogging career!!!

Matty Boy said...

Yes, Kirsty MacColl is dead and Shane MacGowan is alive, which is proof that God is just trying to mess with people who bet on dead pools.

Happy New Year to you, too, Fran. I'm glad to see how successful your blog has become this year as well.

FranIAm said...

When I said for good or ill, I mean good for me, possibly ill for you. I think you understood me, but rereading it tells me I used awkward language. Too much bubbly!

Shane MacGowan might be alive, but those teeth... arrrggggh.

Splotchy said...

If I didn't suck at punning, I'd drop a real stinker down your comment pipe right now.

But give me time -- it may not be today or tomorrow, but it will come.

Matty Boy said...

I don't think of our relationship as an ill effect, Fran. I'm glad you've been able to use my very limited experience as a resource and glad also that you've made yourself at home as a commenter on Padre Mickey's blog as well.

Do you still want the CD? I haven't received the check yet.