This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

My eight month review

This bar chart represents visits to my blog for the last 15 days of November and the first 15 days of December. Notice any difference?

November: High 80, median 61, low 49, average 62.8
December: High 154, median 120, low 100, average 124.3

Effectively, everything doubled. What was I doing right?

It wasn't so much me as Google. Google decided on December 1 that Lotsa 'Splainin' 2 Do was a good place to send folks when they searched the interwebs for images. I think it might be that I often use the phrase "Here is a picture of _________." as a sentence construction. I'm honestly both glad and astonished at the difference.

What are folks coming here looking for, you might ask?

Some of the things aren't surprising, because I have lots of pictures of these things. Gigantic child brides, giant women, lolz cats, Christopher Guest, Elizabeth Kucinich, Jeri Thompson, etc.

I've decided to represent things I have a lot of pictures of with a photo of Indira Varma and her wonderful collarbone.

Sigh.


I'm a little more surprised by how many folks come around to see pictures of stuff I've only published once. Lots of folks, for instance, come here to gaze upon the shiny teeth and prominent bosom of Alyssa Milano. Not such a surprise, but I just have the one photo.


Folks also come looking for this picture of the brothers who both play quarterback in the pros, Eli and Peyton Manning. A little more surprising to me, and again, I only have the one picture.


But for me, the most surprising one time photo that has become a regular traffic magnet is this little guy, the tuatara from New Zealand. He looks like a lizard, but scientists have decided because of some unusual physical attributes that the tuatara deserves his own order, while snakes and lizards, obviously physically different, are lumped together in a single order.

Them wacky scientists!

Whatever reason brings y'all here Lotsa 'Splainin' 2 Do, we bid you welcome. Come and set a spell, why don'tcha?



----------------
Now playing: Little Village - Do You Want My Job
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I came for the writing but I stay for the photos of Indira Varma.

Matty Boy said...

It's like Pavlov ringing a bell... picture of Indira, comment from the Monkey.

Some things never change.