This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

No news here.

It's just a fire in a government office. An electrical fire that started in an electrical closet. These sorts of things happen all the time. If there were something suspicious, you can bet arson investigators would be all over it and the press would run with the story.


No important documents were lost. Just things of sentimental value. If anything important to an ongoing investigation were lost, you can be sure Vice President Cheney would be the first to keep the public informed.


Dana Perino isn't exactly sure what a "server" is, but she'll look it up, then ask somebody if the electrical closet where the fire started had any "servers" in it, if that actually is a real word, which at the moment Ms. Perino can neither confirm or deny.

You certainly have a lot of questions. Could we have your name and Social Security number? You know, so we can get back to you with the answers to these questions?

You're asking these questions online? Then it's okay. We already have all the information we need.

You know. To get back to you.


A hearty Flags of Many Lands™ welcome to Jamaica, where there are never any suspicious fires.

----------------
Now playing: R.L. Burnside - It's Bad You Know
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

FranIAm said...

When Dick Cheney smiles like that Satan belches, satisfied that another meal has been digested well.

{franiam shudders}

Actually just writing that has sucked the comment I had intended right out of me.

dguzman said...

Eeew, Fran! That was quite the black hole of comments, wasn't it? Sure can't top it, except to ask, "Dick Cheney has 'sentiments' and attaches 'sentimental value' to things? Like what, bullet casings from his recent 'hunting' expeditions?"

Matty Boy said...

I have two Pavlovian responses to pictures I put on the blog.

If I put up a picture of Indira Varma, Dr. Monkey will thank me and ask for another.

If I put up a picture of Dick Cheney, FranIAm will be filled with bile.

FranIAm said...

And worse yet, her husband does resemble that evil man.

(are you saying I am reactive? i am guess!!!)

I must change! Maybe now that I leave the corner office I will.

But I will probably always react to Cheney!