Friday, January 18, 2008

Gigantic child bride in the news!

Yesterday, I got my 20,000th visitor! Yay! #20K was from the Bay Area and visited the front page. It might have been my mom. Hi, mom!

The most recent gigantic child bride in the news is former supermodel Carla Bruni, who has married the diminutive French president Nicholas Sarkozy, breaking up his marriage, the towering hussy! The height difference is four inches the age difference is 12 years. That's good enough for me.

In her modeling career, Ms. Bruni had "no problem with nudity". I'll say. Lots and lots of the pictures from that era have her in various tasteful levels of undress. Since it is not suitable for work, I give a link to one of her pictures, which is one of the greatest examples of a pose I call "Are you staring at my butt, and if not, why not?"

Besides being a model, back in the day she was something of a professional girlfriend. Her name was linked romantically with Mick Jagger (whose wasn't?), Eric Clapton (good choice) and thick fingered vulgarian Donald Trump (ick.). Since she stopped modeling, she's become a recording artist. You might think "supermodel makes records = Paris Hilton in French", but not so! Her stuff is more sensitive singer-songwriterish, more along the lines of Tori Amos or Sarah McLachlan. Some of it is in French and some in English. One of her English songs is a Yeats poem put to music. Not bad.

The less said about her taste in non rock star lovers, the better.

Let's move along to the Random 10, starting with a non random choice of an Eric Clapton tune.

I’m Tore Down Eric Clapton
Easter Oratorio (J.S. Bach) Neues Bachishes Collegium Musicum
Caldonia Louis Jordan
Watching the Detectives Elvis Costello
Pretty Women Alan Rickman and Johnny Depp
A New England Kirsty MacColl
Green Onions Booker T. & the MG’s
The St. Stephen’s Day Murders The Chieftains (with Elvis Costello)
Who Will It Be Tomorrow William Bell
Bad Connection Yaz
Bonus track: With A Girl Like You The Rutles

In honor of election season, let me say "I'm Matty Boy and I approve this Random 10." White folks from the British Isles, black folks from the U.S. of A. and some Krauts playing Bach thrown in just for good measure. Two appearances from the One True Living Elvis, and the first tune from the Rutles since they showed up on my very first Random 10. What's not to love?


----------------
Now playing: Eric Clapton - I'm Tore Down
via FoxyTunes


6 comments:

CDP said...

I had no idea they'd gotten married. Yes, at 12 years younger and 4 inches taller, I would concede that she qualifies as a GCB.

dguzman said...

Married? Already? That Sarkozy wastes no time after dumping wifey. Perhaps he could move to USA and run for congress as a repub. He probably speaks better Engleesh than Chimpy.

I've got to find that Alan Rickman version of Pretty Woman. I loves me some Alan Rickman. Might need to adopt him....

Matty Boy said...

Hey, dg, It's the Sondheim song "Pretty Women", not the Roy Orbison song, or the Albert King one for that matter. iTunes sells it for $0.99. Such a deal!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Dude made a great choice.

Jess Wundrun said...

I heard they got married so that they could sleep together when they head to London in March.

man, and I just got married for the china.

Oh, and Whiskeymarie has a great photo of Billy Joel and Katie, his gigantic child bride. I've copied it here in case you haven't seen it.

Matty Boy said...

Thanks for the photo, Jess, though I think it's actually Katie with a waxwork dummy of Joel.