This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

In what ways have I been remiss?

What things that I know my readers like have I not included recently?

It's been nearly three months since I have published a picture of the reigning queen of gigantic child brides, Miss Elizabeth Kucinich. This is not a recent picture, but one taken by a photojournalist who followed her one day when she decided to try on clothes at a second hand store.

Dear reader, do you look this adorable when trying on thrift shop clothes?

I say this with love. No, you do not.

Dennis is not expected to do that well in the strange system known as the Iowa caucuses, but I certainly want him to stay in the race, voicing the concerns of progressives, with his lovely bride somewhere near in the camera frame, towering beatifically above him.

The last I heard, he wants his supporters in precincts where his support doesn't get to 15% to switch their votes to Obama. I don't have a problem with that choice. Right now, there's only one Democratic candidate that I will have to hold my nose to vote for come November should she get the nomination. As I said from time to time in the Clinton administration, it's nice to have a president that merely disappoints me instead of causing complete disgust.

It has been nearly two months since I published a picture of French newsreader Melissa Theuriau. Has she done something newsworthy, you might ask?

Look at the picture. Do I need something as trivial as newsworthiness to publish a picture of her?

While I say "look at the picture", I must warn you NOT to stare directly into her hypnotizing golden eyes. Even a few moments eye contact can open a gateway into you unprepared mind for alien thoughts in an alien tongue to cascade unbidden into your consciousness.

J'aime les Français...
Les Français sont belles personnes...


[SLAP!] Snap out of it!

Yes, I know that hurt. You'll thank me later.


Yay, Flags of Many Lands™! Yay, French Polynesia!

I have had visitors from many island paradises, but since mid-December, I've been tracking my visitors from U.S. states, and the only state I'm missing is our own island paradise Hawaii. When it finally shows up, it will be the 50th state on the Matty Boy list, the same position it holds in the list of statehood dates.


----------------
Now playing: Alan Rickman & Johnny Depp - Pretty Women
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

Matty Boy said...

What makes Melissa's eyes so powerful? The ratio of the width to the height, measured from the top to the bottom of her eyelashes, is phi, the golden ratio from yesterday's 'splainin'.

Coincidence? Oh, I think not.

dguzman said...

No coincidences in mathematics, right, matty boy? My GOD she's beautiful, like repubs-would-probably-make-it-illegal beautiful. Wow. I don't even want to go into her elegant collarbones....

And thanks for the slap--I really do have to get some work done today.

Matty Boy said...

By all means, do NOT click on the picture to get a larger and more hypMOtize-ing version of her! That's five minutes of your life you will never get back!

Sure, you'll treasure those five minutes in your memory forever, but that's not the point, is it?

dguzman said...

NOW you tell me!

FranIAm said...

I will trade you a Hawaii for something!

For some reason, my little church blog I do, gets a visitor from Hawaii about twice a week.