Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Since nobody asked...


I'll ask myself.

Q: Is there drug testing on the new version of American Gladiators?

A: Absolutely. If any of the contestants is found not to be taking enough, a strongly worded letter is put in his or her employee review file and that gladiator is expected to take twice as many drugs the next week to catch up.

As Russell Crowe might ask, "Are you not entertained?"

Since you asked, Russ, me personally? Not so much.

Welcome to post-Writer's Guild American TV, folks.

----------------
Now playing: Supergrass - Strange Ones
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

FranIAm said...

This program came up at Blue Gal's salon last night.

The dumbing down of America just got dumber. And dumber. And numb too.

Did you see my email about a stupid thing I did?

pissed off patricia said...

I don't know what the show is about but from the looks of that picture, I don't think it would improve my life to know.

Matty Boy said...

I agree completely with the first two comments. The show is a remake of a dumb syndicated show from the early 1990's. Back then, we weren't quite stupid enough to make it a hit, but now it can return as "reality TV" and become grotesquely popular, or so it appears in its first few airing. We can always pray the country will tire of it quickly, but I've been praying for that eventuality with American Idol for years, and it ain't happened yet.

dguzman said...

Oh man, I used to date a woman who loved AG in the 1990s. We broke up.

Every day, I'm glad I don't have TV.