Sunday, January 20, 2008

So how much crow do I have to eat?

Technically, we have ravens and not crows here in Northern California, and I for one don't want to mess with these birds.

I said, once again, that the New York Giants were going to lose, and once again they won. They are going to the Super Bowl, where they will be facing the 18-0 New England Patriots. Do I think the Patriots are going to win? At this point, I think it's best if I keep my big mouth shut.

The Giants deserved to win in this game played in the third coldest temperatures recorded for an NFL game. I chose Snowman by XTC as the song, but in fact it was too cold to snow. Everyone thought the bad weather would favor the Packers, but in the second half and overtime, the Giants were the better team. The announcers made excuses for the interceptions Brett Favre threw, but there's a reason he has more interceptions than any quarterback in NFL history. He takes risks, and he has all his career. When they work, it looks spectacular; when it doesn't, it looks like today.

Good luck to both the Patriots and the Giants in the game two weeks from today. I know what I think will happen, but I'm keeping my own counsel for now.



----------------
Now playing: XTC - Snowman
via FoxyTunes

6 comments:

commander other said...

ironically, the Ravens got eaten up a while back.

stick to the crow. it tastes great, and it's less filling!

;-)

i predict that the team with the most points will win.

dguzman said...

Ugh. It's just sad when it all falls apart like that for someone like Favre, but it's just as you said--sometimes he looks like a genius, but sometimes the other guys just know where to be to catch those risky passes.

Matty Boy said...

He's good, he's resilient, he has a long and successful career. But when it comes to the best QBs of the last 30 years or so, I'd put the guys with more Super Bowl rings - most especially Montana, Aikman, Brady and Elway - ahead of Favre on the all time list.

Also, I'm old school. Johnny Unitas has to be in the Top Five, so Brett doesn't make the list.

Jess Wundrun said...

It was a great, fun season. Only one team goes out with a victory at play-off time.

This cheesehead will be cheering for Eli next week.

Zoey & Me said...

You're thinking the Giants are going to win, right Matty? Me too. They are definitely on a roll.

Matty Boy said...

Actually, z&m, I still think it's the Patriots, but I have been wrong about the Giants every step of the way so far.