Friday, January 25, 2008

So, long, Dennis. We'll miss you.

Dennis Kucinich has dropped out of the presidential race. If I didn't care a fig about electability and just went with the guy or gal who said the most stuff I agree with, I would have voted for Kucinich in a heartbeat. As it is, I voted absentee ballot for Edwards.

Dennis dropped out too soon. For instance, it wasn't until this week browsing over at Wonkette that I learned that this is the correct way to crop a picture of Dennis and his gigantic child bride Elizabeth.

Couldn't we just make Elizabeth queen of the world, at whose lovely feet all must bow and scrape? Couldn't some modern day hobbit offer her the Ring of all Power, like Frodo did with Galadriel?

All hail World Queen Elizabeth I! Heck, we don't even have to have an election for this. I pretty sure we can pass this by unanimous proclamation.


----------------
Now playing: Elvis Costello - Our Little Angel
via FoxyTunes

6 comments:

dguzman said...

Great cropping! Is that also following that golden ratio thingie? Because it's pure gold, my friend.

I was kinda bummed by Dennis' dropout, but I guess it was inevitable. I like that he's not endorsing anyone else, like he's saying a big FU to the sell-out candidates.

Do you foresee any sort of cabinet position for him?

Please continue to post pictures of Galadriel I mean Elizabeth. Yum.

CDP said...

I hope he can keep his seat in the House. I don't think anyone really expected him to win the nomination, so it's not a huge disappointment, but it would be a real loss not to have him in Congress.

jolie said...

ah matty boy, you be 'splainin' it once again; 'splainin' it's an art with you, boy!

galadriel. even with the red hair, elizabeth does embody that very fairy essence of our lady galadriel. well 'splained, sir.

Zoey & Me said...

OMG. How do you 'splain' this blog losing a gigantic child bride? What will you do now, start hunting for a replacement? I mean, WOW, these ladies hold this place together.

Matty Boy said...

Don't worry, Z&M. While Dennis out of the presidential race means less pictures of Miss Elizabeth, it won't mean no pictures. I will still track them down.

dguzman said...

I gotta say it again--that is one beautiful woman.