Saturday, February 16, 2008

The giantess as public art

Not every example of a giantess is created by My People With Our Agenda for our dirty reasons. For example, this giant nude made out of peaches was displayed in Brisbane to promote better skin care by Australian women. How long a giant statue made out of actual peaches can last in the Brisbane sun was not made clear, though the local newspaper guessed that ten days was about the limit.

In Nantes, France, this gigantic puppet of a little girl drew large crowds back in 2005. What was the artist trying to say? Who knows? They're French!

This enormous realistic mannequin with her head stuck in a photo booth was displayed in a London train station recently. This artwork's purpose was clear enough. On the small of her back was a tattoo advertising the show London Ink, one of the many reality shows that has both British and American versions, the American show being shot in Miami.

Instead of oversized women in public settings, photographer Julia Fullerton-Batten took pictures of young women in scale model city scenes for an exhibit entitled Teenage Stories.

See, it's not smut for wierdos! It's art!

At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.



----------------
Now playing: They Might Be Giants - The Statue Got Me High
via FoxyTunes

9 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Love that last photo. In an artistic way of course.

Matty Boy said...

Yes, both in your comments here and in posts on your own blog, we know about your simian fondness for... art.

FranIAm said...

Yes - pure art. You are esthetically oriented and that is your story. I suggest you stay with it.

hehehehe - verification word

lgregl

Large girl?

jolie said...

hey franiam - I think your verif word is akshully

lager eagle

aka "beer bird"

OK so here's mine: kqkmn

????? - ?

as for giantesses, I bow in their direction with awe and wonder. seein' as how I'm barely over 60" myselfs.

Zoey & Me said...

Mine is "textn" . . . Matty, did you see the girl with the oversized head making the rounds in blogosphere? If not, I'll try to find it for you.

Matty Boy said...

I haven't see that, Me. Send me a link.

I had no idea how many of my female fans are so close to five feet tall. Do not worry; I love you still.

FranIAm said...

yes - we are short but we are mighty and we luvz us some mattyboy.

Distributorcap said...

but they dont have freedom fries!

Zoey & Me said...

OK she's posted on my blog or Zoey's blog. Enjoy!

www.catinbag.blogspot.com