This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Where nothing can go worng.

Yay, Flags of Many Lands™! Yay, Mauritius!

Besides being really tiny, if where I live was considered the Matty Boy Pole, the absolute other side of the world is in the Indian Ocean, somewhere between Madagascar and Mauritius. Such is the power of gigantic child brides!

Today's lazy blog is a YouTube video sent to me by Ken Rose, personal friend, friend of the blog and freelance factchecker. Both of us are pushing 50 years old, (I'm pushing it the wrong direction) so we are older than dinosaurs in the tech world, probably more like trilobites. We have seen more bubbles burst than Don Hoo and Lawrence Welk combined. The song is a parody of a Billy Joel tune sung by a band called The Richter Scales which includes some pinhead stating The Second Biggest Lie, 21st Century Style. They are, of course

1) The check is in the mail.
2) There is no bubble in technology.
3) We don't torture.

Enjoy.



And because it's a Friday, let's have a Random 10. This is more like a semi-random 10, because I decided to select only songs from my computer with one word song titles. I also chose to put as the featured tune the most obscure artist, Vivian Stanshall, who was the lead singer for the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band way back in the day, covering the Englebert Humperdinck hit.

Solitude
Nina Simone
Delirious Prince
Hallelujah Patricia O’Callaghan
Enchanted The Platters
Offering Ravi Shankar & Philip Glass
Temptation Tom Waits
Crying Roy Orbison
Suspicion Vivian Stanshall & His Gargantuan Chums
Respect Aretha Franklin
Misery The Beatles



----------------
Now playing: Vivian Stanshall & His Gargantuan Chums - Suspicion
via FoxyTunes


3 comments:

dguzman said...

Still needing an internets eyewash station to help with the toxicity of those horrible photos just below this post....

ken said...

Hey, watch it! I don't turn 50 till May.

Matty Boy said...

What did I tell you? He fact checks for free!

I'll fix that, buddy.