Monday, March 3, 2008

I never meta blog I didn't like.

A quick metablogging post, just for the fun of it.

In the first time for everything department: Early today I went to the sitemeter for my blog, and this was the pie chart for countries of origin for my visitors. U.S. 50%, rest of world 50%. Usually, the U.S. contingent is over 70% of my visitors, but folks from around the world responded to my translation of Beaudelaire into lolz giantesses.

Yay, art, smut and silly captions!

In the second things second department: Let me welcome two new members to my blog buddy rollcall. The first is mathman (good name, don't you think?) and his blog about teaching math entitled When Will I Use This?. The second is Seeing The Forest, a political blog run by my old Atari pal and blogger for cash Dave Johnson.

And saving the best for last, I was wandering around the sitemeter site, snooping into the private bidness of my readers, when I found one who got to this site by typing "best collarbone" into Google.

What website comes up first when you type in "best collarbone"? Why this one, of course.

Who is the owner of said best collarbone? If you didn't answer Indira Varma, you just haven't been paying attention.

Matty Boy, my hypothetical question asker now asks, didn't you have a picture of Indira Varma on your blog just last week? Aren't you afraid of over-doing it?

To which I say: Hypothetical question asker! You aren't the boss of me!

3 comments:

CDP said...

I'm sure that Ms. Varma googles herself occasionally, so the more frequently you mention her, the more likely it is that she'll find your blog.

Splotchy said...

I have heard only 50% of women google themselves, but you can't always trust statistics.

Mathman6293 said...

These days I am so late... AYP, family and sleep are taking up my time. Thanks for the link, it is much appreciated.