This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Lotsa Whinin' 2 Do, Part 1: Our girly man governor


It's my blog and I'll whine if I want to.

For a Republican, it must be said that Arnold Schwarzenegger is not a complete BushBot bastard. For instance, he admits that climate change is a problem and has shown initiative in making the state a leader in pro-business solutions for the greenhouse gas problems and other environmental issues. He actually has a sense of humor and can tell a joke at his own expense. He doesn't demonize gay people and he owns up to his own drug use in the past, though he admits more about pot than he does about steroids.

The problem is, he's a pussy.

It may be steroid use in the past that causes the current situation, but he doesn't show any testicular tendencies when it comes to governing. As a leader, he might as well be President Merkin Muffley, and we all know how that turned out.

California is in a budget crisis again, and our governor has decided to cut funding across the board. While this looks like the wisdom of Solomon to some, it's more like Soppy Milquetoast. Part of the problem is his innate Republicanism, which in the post George H.W. Bush world means that a revenue shortfall can NOT be eased with a tax increase. More pussyfooting from the Big Girly Man.

But by cutting everything, we get more crap in the education biz, my biz, as many of you know. He says he's pro-education. Hell, so does Bush, and we know what a load of crap that is. Fees will rise, fees that were just reinstated to earlier levels, and students will take less classes, and less classes will be offered. When he came into office, he did the same thing and classes I was supposed to teach were canceled, taking money out of my pocket. It made more sense financially for me to take NO classes for a semester and get paid by the state through unemployment instead of take the quarter-time schedule that was offered. I hope to get a little better deal this time around, since I work for two schools in the district now, but there are no promises. I also have the work at the art school, which is not state funded, so I won't have to consider unemployment as an option, knock wood.

Then there's the recession, and who knows what that will do to enrollment at a pricey digital art school. I don't blame Governor ShrunkenNads for that. More of the blame there goes to the federal level.

Tomorrow: more whinin' 'bout education!
(Yes, the fun never stops.)

4 comments:

Zoey & Me said...

Definitely, the gov has Lotsa Splainin To Do!

Padre Mickey said...

Kick hims ass, Matty Boy.
Oh, I have given you an award.

dguzman said...

Go, Matty Boy!

Crackpot Press said...

Really. Honestly. It is time for California to sucede from the Union.

I think Arnold would be a good leader for that.