This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Metablogging madhouse!

A few weeks ago, I was wandering around the Sitemeter data for this blog, and for the first time the number of visitors in the last 100 was split 50% U.S. and 50% someplace else. That oddity had not re-occurred and I doubted that it would. But today it got even odder! Only 44 of my visitors in the last 100 were from the U.S., and an unprecedented 32% were from the U.K.! What Anglo-centric act had I committed to gain this large Brit contingency?

The answer is: It wasn't me exactly. A popular British website called Normblog decided that my explanation of the road coloring problem was pretty darned good, so when they published a story about the discovery of the proof from the Israeli paper Haaretz, they also decided to provide some 'splainin', and honestly, to whom does one turn on the World Wide Web for that?

I blush to answer.


Yay, Flags of Many Lands™! Yay, Botswana! That's flag 125 in my collection. Someone in Botswana wanted to know about Tsetse Flies, and I guess they wanted to find out on the internet instead of getting first hand experience by going outside and getting bit.

Good thinking, Botswana!

Yay, Bermuda, #126!

What are Bermudans looking for when they scan the internets? Lolzcats. Go figure!

1 comment:

Distributorcap said...

what happens when you get all the countries -- do you start collecting planets

8-)

congrats on 126!