This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

More from the family album


Another quick trip down memory lane today. When I posted family snapshots last month on my mom's birthday, there were a few pictures of my older sister Kim, but I didn't think they did her justice. She was a cute kid with a nice smile, as we see here.


And she became an attractive young woman, here pictured with a cockeyed halo.


And she even loved her little brother, who might have been a little s-l-o-w, given how happy he could be even when his balsa wood airplane didn't have any w-i-n-g-z.

Just sayin'.

5 comments:

Jess Wundrun said...

Have you finished that way-back machine that will transport me to the sixties where I can be adopted into the Hubbard family? Hmmm? What are you using your math genius for if not for my machine?

While I wait, I will tell you this story: Seeing the picture of your sister leaning casually against a tree made me think that I should pose my own children in such a way while they are still young.

Then I remembered that I did do that in Jamaica when my daughter was five. Except that the tree was home to fire ants who attacked her.

The really sad part about this story is that I also did that to her when we were in Jamaica when she was three. And was also attacked by fire ants.

Somehow I had forgotten.

Matty Boy said...

Dammit, Jess, I'm a mathematician, not a particle physicist!

Moreover, I'm a mathematician on a budget. Them time travel thingies is pricey!

dguzman said...

What a couple of cute kiddos!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

She was a total little hottie.

FranIAm said...

What a great smile.

On the lovely Kim and on her sweet brother too.

Just sayin.