Friday, April 11, 2008

Just so I don't get reported to family services for neglecting my adopted actor.

Somebody has made one of those irritating lists. You know, the best (so many thing) of all time lists. This time it's the best 50 TV comedy sketches of all time. The compliers are a website called Nerve and IFC. Here's the link.

What about my adopted actor Christopher Guest? He gets one, count 'em, one entry on the fifty, the one about men's synchronized swimming with Harry Shearer and Martin Short. I made my own list of my five favorites of Guest on SNL, and at least one more should have made it on to the new top 50 list. Probably the Willie and Frankie skits with Billy Crystal are the next best known.

Still, glad to see Christopher and Harry and Martin get a little love.

1 comment:

FranIAm said...

Duhn- duhduhduh- I can hear that synchro music playing as Martin and Harry move their arms.

Oh how I love that skit.