Saturday, May 17, 2008

Redbelt by David Mamet

So what kind of Adopt an Actor blogger would I be if I didn't mention that my most recent adoptee Chiwetel Ejiofor had a new movie out?

A damn poor adopter, I can tell you that!

Chiwetel's latest film work is Redbelt, written and directed by David Mamet. If the two of them together isn't enough to get you to plunk your money down, I don't know what I can write to change your mind. Many are the Mamet regulars who show up: Joe Mantegna, Ricky Jay, David Paymer, Rebecca Pidgeon, the guy I saw in Glengarry Glen Ross all those years ago who sounds exactly like my Uncle Bill the car salesman.

Yeah, that guy.

The movie is about jiu jitsu. The movie is about purity. The movie is about the twists and turns in a Mamet script. If Chiwetel Ejiofor isn't enough eye candy for you, and I'm a straight male and I have a serious man crush on him, there's also Alice Braga, the niece of Brazilian actress Sonia Braga, and one sweet fine honey in her own right.

You've got the action stuff. You've got the dialog stuff. You've got the plot stuff.

It's all good stuff.

Put on pants. Go. See.

No comments: