Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to my brother Michael.


Many are the Michaels referenced here at Lotsa 'Splainin'. There's Padre Mickey and sfmike, both of whom are blog buddies and folks with whom I have actually broken bread. But the birthday I celebrate today is that of the first Michael I ever met, my older brother Michael Bradford Macrae. Many happy returns, bro!

There's gonna be a family get together this Saturday up in Sacramento as a birthday/Father's Day combo celebration and barbeque, and I will do my best to get some of those ever popular Hubbard Fambly Photos that I can put on my blog.

Yay, fambly photos!

~

Friday means Random 10!

Only the Lonely Roy Orbison
I’m Not Fooled So Easily UB40
No Surprises Radiohead
China Girl David Bowie
All the Way Down Glen Hansard
Il Mio Ben Quando Verra Cecilia Bartoli
Share What You’ve Got (But Keep What You Need) William Bell
If You Don’t Know Me By Now Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
The Other Woman Nina Simone
This Offer Is Unrepeatable Elvis Costello and The Brodsky Quartet

Obviously, the Random 10 shuffle has taken a job as a late night DJ. If you think the shuffle is here to get the party started, think again, my friend. It's possible to dance to the UB40 and the Bowie, but the rest of the time, the DJ thought it might be nice if everybody got back to their drinks, finished them and ordered another round just because the music is so damn depressing. Yes, it's the Misery Loves Company segment of our show, where you can think about relationships that didn't work out, or ones that are currently working but you know deep down are doomed, doomed, doomed.

Jeez, DJ, you are good. I do need a drink.

5 comments:

FranIAm said...

Happy Birthday Michael real life brother o' Matty!

CDP said...

Happy birthday to your brother!

Karlacita! said...

Yahoo Mr. Michaelphone!

Hippo Birdies two Ewes!

dguzman said...

Happy Birdday to your bro, and I'll have what he's having. Make it a double.

Padre Mickey said...

IT BE BIRFDEY SEASON!! Tara yesterday and Michael today.

Michael engineered and recorded the first Wonders of Science demo in Matty Boy's living room in Mountain View. I believe that was when the "Stromboli pizza (off the rack!) and Chivas Regal" mixing session began. We eventually moved away from blended scotch to single malts, but we wuz young and poor in dem daze (wait, we STILL be poor!) But I digress. . .

¡Feliz Cumpliaños, Michael!