Monday, July 14, 2008

If I say something bad, it's slander...


but if I publish it, even on a blog, it's libel.

Or so I have been advised by my lawyer. So I might be in some legal jeopardy by posting this lolz of Miss Evelyn Mobley, known to readers of Padre Mickey's Dance Party as Miss BebĂ©, the World's Cutest Grandchile™, which insinuates that instead of being the bright and personable young lady those of us who have met her know her to actually be, she is some sort of Baby Amy Winehouse, heading for trouble and anxious to get there.

My lawyer further advises that comedy gold is a successful defense against libel, so on advice of counsel I have published this.

Of course, my lawyer's living quarters and office space are currently a 1993 Nissan Stanza, so I might find myself in need of better legal counsel in the near future.

I'll keep you informed.

2 comments:

Tara Mobley said...

Heh, Chris and I discussed how that picture was just so tempting as a target for speculation as to what is in the bottle, and an alcohol caption was almost inevitable.

For the record, it was the very un-period substance known as "clean water."

jolie said...

... and the defense rests!