This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

They leave the West behind.


When the Cold War was in full swing, the popularly held view was that most Russian women looked like Leonid Brezhnev, and those were the cute ones. Now that Russia has embraced capitalism and we have seen their tennis stars and top models, it's obvious that many Russian women are in fact sa-mokin' hawt!, as friend of the blog dguzman might put it. To show that the capitulation to capitalism is now complete, Russian sporting events now even have cheerleaders, as shown here. They don't seem to have the dancing in unison concept completely down pat, but somehow looking at this picture, I don't seem to mind.

Also, though communism has been officially renounced, some of the Russkies clearly still have a soft spot for the old commie bastid still in power in Cuba, as we can see by reading across this young lady's pleasantly displayed bosom.

The workers control the means of production, so work it, baby! Work it!

5 comments:

dguzman said...

It's like each of them is doing an individual little dance just. for. you. Das vadanya!

FranIAm said...

Or for you dguzman!!

Matty Boy said...

Now, Fran, do not encourage our friend towards the smutty thotz. It's okay for me because I am a bachelor; dguzman, on the other hand, is a married woman.

Zoey & Me said...

"sa-mokin hawt" that's a good one. I see it, I see it.

Anonymous said...

I married a Russian mail order bride and all she does is sit at the kitchen table with a dead look in her eyes and smoke. I lost my bathtub to a potato vodka still, and she washes and hangs up used condoms on the clothesline.

"Take fork in road. In Soviet Russia, road forks you!"


Oh, I'm kidding.

Emerson
Half Russian By The Way