Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wall Street got drunk.


Foregoing the usual Wednesday Math stuff, I'm providing a link to TV report from Houston of Bush speaking off the record about the economy and his plans for after the White House. I first saw the video on The Huffington Post yesterday, posted by Greg Mitchell of Editor & Publisher magazine. Bush can be heard asking TV cameras to go off, then he just starts talking to the folks at the fundraiser, ruling class to ruling class. He admits there are problems even for the kind of people who can afford to give money to Republicans in Texas, whines about having been a poor public servant for 14 years, talks about possibly moving to Dallas and leaving the Crawford ranch behind.

I wanted to put up a YouTube embedded screen, but this thing has already been scrubbed from the YouTube treasure trove sometime between last night and early this morning. If you find it informative and possibly infuriating, please post a link on your blog. This thing should go viral and as many people as possible should see it.

Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Zoey & Me said...

I spent hours looking for it and gave up. But heard about it mostly on other blogs. If you find it again, post it here so we can copy it.

Matty Boy said...

Click on the link, then click on the link for the video. It's there.

Ed said...

Words escape me, except for "what a dick-head!"

FranIAm said...

I hate that motherfucker. That is the only name I can think of right now in my rage and in my despair.

Distributorcap said...

i didnt think i could have so much hate in me

i was wrong

bush brings out new lows in people

i really want him to suffer so for the rest of his miserable existence

Matty Boy said...

Like Fran and others here, I make an effort not to hate him, but I almost never succeed. I just hear him talk for a very short while and the general lack of brain power and compassion comes oozing out. He didn't do all of it by himself, but we are in a terrible fix due to his policies, and it will be decades of work to dig ourselves out.

Like DCap and many others, I would like to see him and Cheney in jail, though I think the odds are very bad.