This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Monday, August 4, 2008

A new post on the Chimp, August 2008.



I've written a new political essay over at the Smirking Chimp, partly because I want it to get a few more reads than it would get here, partly because I take on a much bigger blogger than myself and call him out on what I think is an obvious error, and partly because I decided to use a swear word that I'd like to keep off this blog.

So just to be clear, in the last paragraph I have admitted to being an egotist, a troublemaker and a hypocrite for swearing somewhere else while disapproving of swearing here. The one thing that I don't think I will be called is a neo-con, but on The Smirking Chimp, one never knows.

2 comments:

dguzman said...

Good post over there on the Chimp, Matty Boy. I had not heard of this mess, nor would I (as an atheist) have thought about the use of the phrase "the one" in that sense. I will add that The Kat's mom, a psycho-catholic, once told me she "could wait for the Endtimes!Bring on the Rapture! I'm ready to go to Jesus!" Scary. We had to remind her about people in her tax bracket and that whole "camel through the eye of a needle" thing that old Jeebus talked about. She wasn't amused.

FranIAm said...

Holy crap Matty- what a great post over there.

And BTW, a new blogfriend of mine has coined a word for McCain and those of his ilk.

It means not using the see-you-next-tuesday word.

Read more here!

Note to Dguzman, psycho-Cath is right. End times are not compatible with Catholic theology, but I am thinking that is a detail that Mrs MomPsycho would find about as amusing as your camel/eye of needle reference.