Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Math later. Lazy blogging now!

I would write "No time for blogging!", but I understand Dr. Zaius has trademarked that, and I really don't want to get into a legal hassle right now.



I am a little pressed for time this morning, so Wednesday Math will appear this afternoon. As a place marker, I give you this picture of a tiny little guy and a very tall woman. The 2009 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records is being introduced to the public, and the publishers decided to bring together the world's shortest man, He Pingping, who stands 2'5" or 74 cm, and the world's leggiest woman, Svetlana Pankratova. Ms. Pankratova is 6'4" (1 m 93), which is not the tallest woman in the world, but her legs measure about 4'4" (1 m 32).

It must take her all morning to shave those legs. Any volunteers to help her?

Now, now, let's not always see the same hands, as teachers often have to say.


And as a leggy blogging, excuse me, lazy blogging bonus, I give you a picture of Indira Varma. Ms. Varma is not always on a movie set or at a dazzling red carpet event. Sometimes she just on her way to do some chores or something and isn't all dolled up at all. Sometimes she wears a warm-up jacket with a zipper, and has her hair pulled back in a ponytail, and wears little to no makeup.

Yes, sometimes even Indira Varma isn't an amazing glamor puss, just an everyday, run of the mill GODDESS WHO WALKS AMONG US!

Sigh.

4 comments:

CDP said...

I thought about you when I saw that on the news today!

dguzman said...

Indira Varma may not be all dolled up in that pic, but she's still amazingly beautiful! It almost (almost) makes her seem like a real person, someone who's approachable by mere mortals like us. Almost.

Matty Boy said...

I'm fairly confident I could approach her. I mean, my legs would still work.

My mouth and my brain... not so confident.

A lot not so confident.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Varma was in this season's opening episode of Bones, which those without cable can catch at hulu.com.

Just in case anyone's wondering.