This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Them wacky internets!


If you Google Sarah Palin and go to the Images page, this is the very first picture you get. Some people have been passing it off as real, but it's photoshop work from an Alaskan website called Kodiak Konfidential, who shorten the name of the site to TheKoKon.com. Sarah Palin was featured in Vogue with pictures of her out in the great outdoors wearing a parka, but she wasn't the cover girl. There's also a picture of her in a bikini with a rifle, obviously photoshopped, and it was passed around the internets as being real as well.

When I say "obviously", it may be more obvious to me, because some of My People do a lot of photoshopping, and I know the difference between bad and good stuff.

I went to the meet & greet at Obama HQ in Berkeley, and someone told me she was a book banner. There's an unsourced rumor that she tried to pressure the library in Wassila back when she was in the P.T.A., but so far the story is very sketchy on details.

There are people on all sides of the political spectrum that are pretty damn gullible. But that isn't true of my two new blog buddies from Alaska, ProgressiveAlaska and The Immoral Minority, who are now on my blogroll. Welcome to both of them!

What's the Alaskan word for mahalo? I guess I should look it up on the internets!

6 comments:

Karen Zipdrive said...

I knew that Vogue cover shot was fugazzi because the real Palin has no breasts.
But the library book ban thing certainly seems legit. God forbid children should be exposed to Harry Potter or that beastial whore Beatrix Potter.

dguzman said...

Nothing chaps my hide faster than a book banner.

That's some pretty bad P-shopping too. So obvsly fake.

Jeanie Girl said...

Matty Boy,
Don't know how real all this is, but its an interesting read:

http://www.laprogressive.com/2008/09/05/alaskans-speak-in-a-frightened-whisper-palin-is-“racist-sexist-vindictive-and-mean”/

And, always remember: Jesus was a community organizer; Pontius Pilate was a governor...

Matty Boy said...

Hi, Jeanie. Yes, I've seen it and I wish I knew more about the L.A. Progressive. Our local free weeklies actually do some good reporting, and being a white guy, I know how white folks talk when they think it's "just us" around. I think I've got another blog post ready for tomorrow.

Ishmael said...

Yeah, if I knew this thing was going to be seen on a wide stage than the couple hundred folks who read my once obscure Kodiak blog I sure would have put some more time into it. Sigh. Oh well, it sure is a hoot that some people think it's real and to see how far it's traveled.

Camai (ch-my) is the closest thing in Yupik Eskimo I know to Mahalo, so Camai!

Ish
Kodiak, Alaska

Matty Boy said...

Camai, Ish! One never knows when one's stuff is gonna done blow up, does one?

Thanks for stopping by. Nice to get a visit from a world famous artist.