Friday, October 10, 2008

Almost standalone Random 10


Goldfinger Shirley Bassey
Valse No. 3, Opus 70 (Chopin) Claudio Arrau
Buena Vista Social Club Buena Vista Social Club
Shop Around Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
Get Up Stand Up Bob Marley & the Wailers
Chase the Magic Joshua Macrae
I’ve Got a Theory?Bunnies/If We’re Together Cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
You’re All I Need to Get By Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Monkey’s Paw Laurie Anderson
Ask Me Why The Beatles

You clicks on play and you takes your chances, as my compadre Padre Mickey might say. The most obscure song would be from my nephew Josh Macrae. The most bombastic would be Shirley Bassey, natch. For musicianship, the two most remarkable would be two that weren't on The You Tubes, Claudio Arrau playing the Chopin waltz and the Buena Vista Social Club. But for my money, if you want a lesson in pop music theory, click on the Marvin and Tammi song, and listen to the bass line by James Jamerson, the guy who gets my vote for the greatest bass player of all time.

Yay, Flags of Many Lands™!
Yay, St. Lucia!

St. Lucia is a member of the Organization of American States, the United Nations, The Commonwealth and apparently the United Federation of Planets. Good on ya, St. Lucia!

And somebody there likes Indira Varma, so, triple yay!

2 comments:

namastenancy said...

What a great list - I've posted "Get up stand up" on my blog along with a bunch of other's. The McCain attack on Obama has just infuriated me and it's time for some war songs from an old lefty!

dguzman said...

Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies!