This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

New post on the Chimp 10/11/08

Yet another post over at The Smirking Chimp, this one about the worldwide economy, entitled Crazy '08.

Is it full of the unbridled optimism we've come to expect from Matty Boy?

Hypothetical question asker, I've no time for your dark sarcasm. Every day in every way, I'm thinking this is more and more serious.

3 comments:

namastenancy said...

Great essay Matty Boy. Because you make the economic mess much more understandable, I finally went to my broker at Fidelity and insisted that she move 1/3 of my remaining money into a cash account. I've already lost 1/3 of my hard earned savings and I realize that if the melt-down continues, what I've done won't save the rest but at least I won't be watching it disappear $2000-$3000 per minute. My big concern is my pension from UC; they've invested our pension savings into the same stock market and I'm waiting for the letter where they default on their obligations. If that day comes, I don't know what I will do as I can't survive on SS alone in SF. Of course, the government might default on Social Security as well.

ken said...

Matt, I don't know what's wrong, but when I try to follow the link to the article, I get a "403 Forbidden" error.

Matty Boy said...

The link works for me on Sunday morning, Ken. Give it another shot.