This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh, this is a gem.

McCain is in Ohio. The crowd is reported at 6,500, but that includes 4,000 kids from local schools brought in, I'm assuming many against their will. Aw, hell, it's a road trip, it's a free day off, they probably didn't mind that much.

So McCain brings up his favorite guy, Joe the Plumber. You get the feeling that he wishes he had chosen Joe as his running mate, but too little, too late.

Here's the YouTube clip.



Joe didn't show. Oopsie.

Joe wants to be a country and western singer. No, really. Hell, that sounds like more fun than snaking sewers, doesn't it? Obviously, he's already patterning himself after George Jones, former husband of Tammy Wynette, known in the business as "No Show Jones" because of how often he forgot to show up to gigs. The old joke goes that a guy walks up to the box office, puts down his money and says, "I'd like to buy two chances to see George Jones, please."

Regardless of how the election turns out, this is one of the worst run campaigns ever.

6 comments:

Zoey & Me said...

"two chances" that is funny. Well Matty Boy, we getting close!! I don't know how to get through the weekend.

Matty Boy said...

For getting through the weekend, I recommend a low dose alcohol regiment.

For forgetting a weekend, I recommend a high dose alcohol regiment.

Ba-dump-BUM!

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitresses, they are working really hard.

DCup said...

What a trainwreck.

FranIAm said...

I was listening to All Things Considered earlier and Nicolle Wallace was being interviewed. She kept trying to talk about Joe The Plumber and the interviewer kept trying to direct her back to the actual candidate... McCain.

Then Nicolle starts getting all worked up saying "Oh speaking of his words and his wisdom, Joe the Plumber just got on the Straight Talk express!"

I think that he may be the financial guru of the McCain White House, God forbid there is such a thing.

namastenancy said...

McCain may (has) run one of the worst campaigns ever but if he wins (i.e. the Repugs steal) the election, I fear for our country and the world. He'll run the country like his campaign and neither you nor I will want to see the train wreck that will ensue.

dguzman said...

I'm sure Joe was off in some studio, laying down tracks for his new album or something.