This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today's vocabulary word: metastasized

I don't know if I'm going to watch tonight's debate. These things are getting painful, and not because I think Obama is going to lose the thing. The Republicans are running on fumes, and the fumes are toxic. Regular folks are going to get to ask questions, and maybe regular folks will show themselves to be smarter than their random standard bearer of the moment Sarah Palin, but they could also get caught up in the nonsense and trivia the media has put forward as the important issues, like lipstick and lapel pins.


Here's what I'd like Obama to say.

"John, could you look at me for a minute? This year, the Republicans in power and those who ran for president told us again and again how well the economy was doing. You said and Bush said the fundamentals were strong. Your friend Fred Thompson said the American economy was the greatest story never told. People who disagreed were alarmists and extremists. Then comes September, and Bush tells us we are facing the largest economic crisis in eighty years.

"John, any president is going to face challenges. What we need is someone who can see a problem and address it before it becomes a calamity. By ignoring the obvious, the credit crisis metastasized into a disease which threatens to kill our economy. Both literally and figuratively, we can't afford leadership that bad."

7 comments:

pissed off patricia said...

I would love to hear McCain's answer to that. I guess he would begin by asking Obama how long ago he decided to stop being a terrorist.

I ususally fall asleep before the debates come on, so I catch them early the next morning on tape at c-span.

There is a part of me that wants Obama, some time during the debate, to turn to McCain and ask, John what the fu*k are you talking about?

I know it can't happen but it's a question I ask every time McCain makes a speech.

FranIAm said...

Damn- you are good.

And I love what PoP said.

Karen Zipdrive said...

You had me at "John, could you look at me for a minute?"
And the part after that was brilliant.

Zoey & Me said...

If McCain goes with any personal attacks, he'll crap out. Town Hall Meetings aren't a good stage for that type of nonsense. But hey, McCain is losing big time. This could really stack up to be a landslide of his O ness.

namastenancy said...

I sure hope that McCain and his type of Republican pain are losing - BIG TIME. I don't want to see any Supreme Court decision that's another coup d'etat for the far rigth. But will Barbie and Joe-Six Pack get it or will they prefer to roll in their racism and ignorance and pretend that if they elect Daddy-O, all will be well?
Yeah- I'm cynical.

namastenancy said...

Forgot to add that I'm so glad that you added me to your posse. You are one smart fella!

dguzman said...

Well, McCain is a boob, after all.