Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day to all my gringo readers


Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers Padre Mickey would call the estadoünidense. Hope the turkey is just right and the fixin's are plentiful.

I just spent an hour and a half over at the other blog, Unified Football Theory, making predictions about this week's games. I have ten picks I like, and so far this season, I've been pretty good, statistically speaking, and I have a couple picks for the games being played today.

Let me put on the Cranky Pants for a brief moment and say that this is the only Thursday of the year when there should be NFL games, and on Thanksgiving there should be two, count them TWO, NFL games. This Thanksgiving, the NFL has three games, including the Cardinals at the Eagles in a late game on that cockamamie* pay-per-view NFL Network thingie.

*I like the word cockamamie almost as much as I like lollygagging, the fun vocabulary word from earlier this week, but this is probably just because I have the emotional age of junior high school student.

5 comments:

Karlacita! said...

I also like addle-pated!

The full sentence is: What an addle-pated, dim-domed ning nong!

Use it at parties - impress your friends!

Mathman6293 said...

Now that is a thanksgiving post!. Have a great one.

Undersquid said...

I declare shenanigans, which is a word I'm very fond of. I declare them because I'm not estadounidense, or gringa, o "americana", but people like me still celebrate this day by eating foodstuffs with our families composed of legal aliens, estadounidenses, and "other", until we fall into a tryptophan-induced coma.

So, there. Hah! :)

Feliz Día Del Pavo, MattyBoy!

Matty Boy said...

Just to give my football system yet another plug, I correctly called the over in the Titans-Lions game, who score 45 points in the first half alone.

Mauigirl said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!