Friday, November 7, 2008

Random 10, Friday 11/7

Motherless Child Eric Clapton
I Saw Her Standing There The Beatles
The Face of Love Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Eddie Vedder
I Got the Feelin’ James Brown
Table Top Joe Tom Waits
Your Own Worst Enemy They Might Be Giants
Food for Thought UB40
Bald Head Professor Longhair
Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland) Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Married Men The Roches

Eight out of ten this week have clips on the YouTubes, so yay for that. For the ones that miss, this is just the Internets telling me I'm too much of a nerd. (Oh, yeah? Well, who helped make me that way? You did, Internets, you did!) There are live versions from Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, UB40, Professor Longhair and a great simple demo from Hendrix. The James Brown song is lip-synched by the Cosby family and Table Top Joe is turned into a stop motion animation cartoon.

I will close with lyrics from the missing songs and pictures of the artists.


Full bottle in front of me.
Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work.
And after many glasses of work
I get paid.
In the brain.

And the song they play

Is that guy with the messed up face, going
Precious and few
Are the moments that you
And your own worst enemy share.








Oh, the married men,
The married men,
All of that time in hell to spend
For kissing the married,
The married men.

No comments: